The St. Georges Historical Society officially opened on June 28, 1970. This museum depicts the lifestyle of the early settlers along the Winnipeg River. The last wooden ferry to be built in St. Georges was in 1946. In 1974, this ferry, now a historical artifact at the St. Georges Museum, was taken out of service.
The museum is open 120 days per year from May to October, however winter tours are available upon request. There is no entrance fee but donations are greatly appreciated.