Sewer and Water
The Municipality of Alexander has introduced a new meter reading system which will more accurately assess consumption.
Meter readings are essential if a resident/tenant is vacating or moving into a residence, in order that billings reflect a correct share of water consumption. It is the homeowners/landlords’ responsibility to contact the Municipal Office prior to the move in/move out date to ensure accurate changes to the account and correct final billing.
Landlords are also reminded that should a tenant vacate and leave an outstanding water bill, the landlord is responsible for payment. Landlords will receive a ‘Copy’ of the utility bill upon request.
The Public Utilities Board (PUB) has approved utility rates for the Municipality of Alexander, as per Board Order 05-20, January 1, 2020. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Municipal Office at 204.367.6170.
Utility bills are issued quarterly for properties serviced by municipal water and/or sewer. The bills are calculated according to the most recent Water & Sewer Rate By-law 05-19.
Bills are mailed out in January, April, July and October for the preceding three months.
Penalties of 1.25% shall be levied on all accounts that remain unpaid after the due date stated on the bill. Penalties are applied on the 1st of each month.
- Payments can be made at the municipal office by cash, debit or cheque during regular business hours;
- Post dated cheque;
- Online banking is available, all you need to do is add us as a payee through your financial institution. The following are eligible for online payments:
- Most Credit Unions in Canada;
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD);
- Royal Bank (RBC);
- Scotia Bank;
- Bank of Montreal (BMO);
- Pre-authorized debit;
- Payments can be deposited in the secure drop box installed outside the front door at the municipal office:
- Please ensure the tax roll information is included on the cheque or envelope;
- Please do not deposit cash in the drop box;
- The drop box is emptied twice daily (Monday to Friday);
- If you require a receipt please indicate on the envelope and one will be mailed out.
Make Payment to:
Municipality of Alexander, 1 Bouvier Trail, Box 100 St. Georges, MB R0E 1V0