PUBLIC INPUT COLLECTION PROCESS
PARTICIPATE PRIOR TO AUGUST 15, 2020
There has been growing community concern about waterway safety along the Bird River, Lee River and Pinawa Bay. To address these issues, the Municipality of Alexander is participating in the Vessel Operation Restriction Regulations Committee (VORR) to gather information, receive public input and report recommendations to the Municipality of Alexander.
The recommendations made by the VORR Committee will be reviewed by the municipal councils, with the goal of submitting applications to Transport Canada to have safety regulations put in place.
Between June and August 15, 2020, the committee will:
1. Conduct a Community Survey that will be available on our website: www.rmalexander.com;
2. Host three Public Forums:
· June 27th at the Anderson Road Boat Launch - 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
· July 11th at the Bird River Room - 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
· August 2nd at the Bird River Boat Launch (Tagesen Blvd) 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
3. Research efforts made in other similiar communities;
4. Work with partners and stakeholders to make recommendations to improve waterway safety;
5. Present the VORR Recommendations Report to the Alexander council.
If you would like to participate, volunteer or share information with VORR, please contact Deputy Mayor Malcolm firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROCESS IF YOU:
- OWN PROPERTY ALONG BIRD RIVER, PINAWA BAY, STILL COVE, SUNSET BAY, AUGLEN PARK, RICE CREEK BAY, ELSIE STREET AND SPRUCELAND DRIVE
- REGULARLY USE THE WATERWAYS OF BIRD RIVER, LEE RIVER OR PINAWA BAY FOR RECREATIONAL USE.
Community Waterway Survey Downloadable PDF
Survey Monkey Fillable Survey